You know you’re a corporation if:

August 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm (Business, Business Taxes)

You filed an “Articles of Incorporation”
You have to file a tax return for the biz that is separate from your personal return
You are paying payroll even though you are the only person in the company
Your IRS EIN letter states that you need to file an 1120 or 1120-S
You filed Form 2553
You hold required, formal meetings and might be the only person attending
Your state or another is demanding a yearly corporation filing fee
Your filing date is March 15th (Sept. 15 with an extension)
Your tax professional says so

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: